vineri, 7 iunie 2013

Project: Restoring a TEAC RC-70 Remote Control Unit.

Well… there is some time past since my last post, but this is because I was looking for my next item to add to my collection.
This new item arrived few days ago, from US; found on Ebay… it is the TEAC RC-70 Remote Control Unit for my TEAC A-3440 Reel-To-Reel unit. It took me several months to find one in relative good shape and with a small price.
You can see below how the unit arrived:


Cable needs cleaning, dirty connector, and dirty switch box with a paper label on it:


In order to clean it up I used cleaning solution based on orange peal extract and a soft brush.
The switch box can be open very easy by removing the four side screws.



You can see below how the unit looks like after cleaning:



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu