sâmbătă, 30 iunie 2012

Project: Restoring a Remote Control Unit For a Reel-To-Reel Tape Player/Recorder: OLIMP DU-005 (in Russian: ОЛИМП ДУ-005).

Another week... another purchase.
Today I've added a new device to my collection; it is the Remote Control unit OLIMP DU-005 (in Russian: ОЛИМП ДУ-005 - Система Дистанционного Управления).
Basically it is a unit that controls remotely the functions of a reel-to-reel compatible unit (Russian RTR's like Olimp 004 and 005, Electronika-004, and maybe other models I do not know about). It has also a power distributor module; it can supply power to 3 other devices.
I will start looking for specifications of this unit and I will make them available here.
Also I have to look for the connection cable between this unit and the RTR, I do not have this cable yet. Maybe the Russian visitors of this page can help me, if not with the cable, maybe with the connectors.
Please see some pictures below (the unit and the connectors):

2 comentarii:

  1. Super tare magul Olimp, am avut sansa prin 2004 sa ma joc cu unul , nici macar bagat in priza. De unde l'ai luat?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. L-am gasit pe Internet, pe Okazii. Am vazut anuntul intr-o zi de Sambata dimineata, aparuse cu cateva ore bune inainte, era prezentat cu defecte in anunt, insa n-am stat pe ganduri. Acum este complet functional, are adaptoare NAB (TASCAM, foarte bune dupa parerea mea) si benzi de 26 cu muzica Disco de la inceputul anilor 90. Ascult muzica la el in acest moment, cand scriu acest raspuns. Toate cele bune.

    RăspundețiȘtergere