duminică, 9 februarie 2014

Project: Restoring a Reel-To-Reel Tape Player/Recorder: TEAC X-2000M.

OK, so, there is some time since my last post, but I wasn't sitting around doing nothing. In the next future posts I will introduce a new category: tools and accessories I am using to work on my projects. I have done some purchasing and I am closely approaching the moment I will have a complete set of tools in order to do almost all the necessary work by myself.
But until then, I would like to introduce my new acquisition: TEAC X-2000M:








The unit is in quite a good shape, I have the wood case with it and this one looks almost new, in fact the whole unit looks like new. I was able to test only the Play function with the 4 track Play head. I don't have for the time being a good 2 track tape and I was not able to connect it yet to a sound source and to make a short recording on 2 track. I will do that in a while.
Before starting to use it at home I have done a short lubrication of the moving parts and a good heads cleanup. The tape path looks great with no visible wear.
I will have to work on it in the future as I have saw that the tape tension on the take-up reel is not really right, the unit brakes are a little bit loose and the speed of Fast Forward and Rewind needs some adjustments.
I will keep posting also the technical characteristics of this unit, as I will be able to find the owner manual, I have only the service one.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu